Friday, July 15, 2016

A Letter For Presbyterian Youth Triennium 2016

I look back on my life and think about what brought me to where I am today. All the people and the experiences that influenced my journey into adulthood. One thing that hits home for me is Presbyterian Youth Triennium.

Presbyterian Yourh Triennuim happens every 3 years (haha get it tri in Triennium). It is held in Lafayette, Indiana on the Purdue University campus. It is one of the biggest youth conferences, I believe, in the United States. Presbyterians all over the world come to learn, teach, speak, and just have an awesome time with other believers. It is a week long journey but it is a journey that you will never forget. You will make friends from all around the U.S and some of them you will be friends with for life! Most importantly you will grow in your journey with Christ. This is where I became a true believer. My eyes will forever be open to God's presence because of this experience.

When I went to Triennuim I was going into my freshman year of high school and I was not looking forward to it. I didn't know what life would bring me. I was a scared kid. I had heard about Triennuim from so many people. So, when I was ask to go I was fully on board from day one. I wanted to experience something I had never experienced before. Now, when people tell you it's something you will never understand until you go it sounds so cliché. Honestly it's the truth, it is something that someone can't just explain to you. You have to have the courage to set out and see it for yourself.

When I went to Triennium the theme was "I AM". We learned that each and everyone of us has a calling to be something different. That's the beauty of being who we are, God did not make one of us alike. I look back on my past and I think about that all the time. I think about how much I wanted to be like the girl who can get a guy in two seconds or the party guy who knows everyone at school. I think about it and I see that that's not who I am. I am a shy, introverted person who is funny and crazy once you get to know her. I am dedicated with everything I do. I am the friend that I have always wanted someone to be to me. I am one of Gods children who believes he is the key. "I AM".....I think of that and sometimes I want to cry not because I'm sad but because I don't know where I would be without ever hearing that phrase.

So for the Youth that are going to 2016 Youth Triennium take this experience and run with it. Learn as much as you can learn. Sing as loud as you can sing. Do those energizers with as much energy as you can. Have fun! God is giving you this amazing opportunity and I am one to say it will change your life if you let it. Those worship services will literally give you "goosies" and you will feel the presence of the Lord. Small groups will get you connected  with people that have such different perspectives that you will be amazed on how much your knowledge will brighten. Remember this experience is once in a lifetime. Gods presence will be all around and you will be amazed at what that feels like.

I pray you all have a safe trip there and back.

Sydney


No comments:

Post a Comment